tirsdag 18. mars 2014

18032014 - Sky Ferreira "Night Time, My Time"

I really do like the opening track of Sky Ferreira's debut album! It reminds me of the first time I heard Garbage, back when they were fresh and exciting, mixing rock with beats you could dance to. Ms. Ferreira does the same, as this is extremely danceable whilst bringing enough guitars into the mix to please all lovers of the rock. Not all songs manage to keep my attention, and it's not always clear if she wants to rock out or be a slightly edgy popstress. And the title "Heavy Metal Heart" is a total misnomer, but for a debut album this is not bad at all. I will probably not listen to this album all the way through ever again, but there are a handful of really good songs here that deserve to find their way onto the playlists of music fans young and old!


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar