onsdag 26. mars 2014

26032014 - Anders Wendin "Dom Ska Få Se Vem Dom Roat Sig Med"

Yes, I am a huge fan of Moneybrother. And yes, I really enjoyed their Swedish language covers album "Pengabrorsan". So did I expect to love 'brother Anders Wendin's first proper solo album, lyrics in Swedish et al? I sure did! And it starts wonderfully soulfully Swede'n'sweet with "Min Kompis Farsa Betalade Svart", a number that contains most of the stuff that I love about Moneybrother, including some lovely horns. The second track is the single "Lämna Lampan På", a song I had already heard a couple of times, which by now has grown to a giant hit in my ears! Dig that bass! Dig those backing vocals! Dig it! I'm not going to go into detail on every single song, but this is a varied album that on first listen has several potential favourite tracks. "Du Måste Kunna Gå Nu" is one of those, a gentle song that starts almost too basic, but has many details underneath the seemingly smooth surface - a simple guitar lick here, a piano there - before building towards a climax with a choir of almost gospel like qualities, and again those horns! There are more acoustic guitars here than on his output as Moneybrother, but there's also a generally stripped down quality to the songs that makes this more than just Moneybrother unplugged. This is an Anders Wendin album because there's more of him in these songs: his heart, his soul and his bare feelings down to the naked honesty that comes with singing in his own language. This album for me has been love at first listen, and I can tell that with the repeated listens this album will get that love will grow into a long and lasting relationship!


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar