lørdag 7. juni 2014

07062014 - Dagens Ungdom "Dagens Ungdom"

Norwegian pop band with Norwegian lyrics, inspired by bands like the Go-Betweens, Talking Heads and Teenage Fanclub. Well, this could go either way, so let's begin by stating that the band name is pretty crap. I guess they just don't want to be found on Google (try a picture search!). My first impression is that the music is pretty decent, but I can't quite get into the vocals. It's not that the singer is bad so much as an acquired taste, but by the second song it's getting a bit on my nerves. Like a cheese grinder, bothering my ear drums. Song three brings a different singer, and what do you know - he's annoying as well! They sure know how to pick 'em! And after the softness revelation that is Svømmebasseng, this just falls flat, for all its good intentions. And the DeLillos vibes I am getting do nothing to help their case.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar