mandag 6. januar 2014

06012014 - Fjorden Baby! "Fjordkloden!

This album was voted the best Norwegian album of 2013 by a bunch of music critics, including the entire cast of Norway's biggest daily newspaper, VG, so as a guy who likes to be informed and - equally important - voice my opinions on various subjects, it was time to check it out. And being kind of an asshole, I must admit that I kind of wanted to hate "Fjordkloden" just because of the hype, but I don't. It doesn't suck, and parts of it are actually quite enjoyable. However, Fjorden Baby! are by no means the saviours of Norwegian rock as some people claim, and this is far from the best album of 2013! OK, so they reference a bunch of 80's bands. Whoop-de-bloody-doo, so what? You can tell the band are having fun, I will give them that, but apart from that I am not moved, touched, excited or thrilled by this record. And don't even get me started on their "quirky" lyrics...!


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar