mandag 27. januar 2014

27012014 - Cyndi Lauper "True Colors"

I had a lot of fun checking out a whole Paul Young album recently after needing to hear one of the songs on there, so when the lovely title track to Cyndi Lauper's second album album insisted upon my brain it was time to do the same. Again I knew the singles here, like the brilliant album opener "Change of Heart" plus the song "True Colors" itself, but I had never listened to the entire thing. I have to say that apart from the singles - including her cover versions of "What's Going On" and "Iko Iko" - this album is mostly filler material, albeit reasonably enjoyable filler material. The list of guests on this album is extremely impressive though, and I had no idea that Billy Joel and Aimee Mann appeared here - both of them more or less hidden on some of the more anonymous tracks, though. Shame.




Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar