fredag 1. januar 2016

01012016 - Raspberry Bulbs "Privacy"

So... Another year and a new attempt to maintain this blog. Let's see how long I last this time around. First out is an album I have no ida at all how ended up on my radar. It's relatively short, clocking in at just over half an hour, and neither album cover, title or band name will give you any clues as to what kind of music one might expect to hear. The first track, "Lionhead", is a raw, noisy and ugly thing, and I do mean that in the best best way possible. I even get some of the same vibes as from early Amphetamine Reptile singles, which obviously is a compliment. As I read about Raspberry Bulbs while listening to this record I see that some people mention both black metal and industrial when describing the band, and both are way off the mark. Another description is "blackened punk", which I get more, although the blackened bit is solely because of the vocals. Apparently this used to be a one man project and that man, Marco del Rio, used to be one half of Californian black metal duo Bone Awl, under the alias He Who Crushes Teeth. Which is cool! And so is "Privacy", which might not be my new favourite album, but which never bores me and ultimately leaves me with a Big Grin.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar