lørdag 5. september 2015

05092015 - Ane Brun "When I'm Free"

You wanna hear something really boring? Then read on and get yet another writer's rave ramblings about one more Ane Brun album. You wanna hear something really beautiful? Then stop reading right now and just listen to "When I'm Free". Over the course of six albums Ane has become one of those artists that you almost want to release something at least mediocre, just to mix things up a bit. Nobody can keep on surpassing themselves again and again, can they? Yes, she can. I don't know how she does it, but for every new album she raises the bar and still she manages to outdo herself each time. Her music has developed over the years, and the charming yet commanding naïveté of her first album now seems like a tuft of spring flowers in the blossoming garden that has become her combined output, and "When I'm Free" is a bed of delicate orchids - beautiful and timeless. Her voice is of course the main instrument, and where it always used to give me goosebumps it now also nearly drives me to sweet joyful tears. I could go on and on and on, but there are no words to describe how much I love these songs. And by the way, why are you still reading this? You should be listening to the album instead!


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar