tirsdag 8. september 2015

08092015 - Savage Steel "Begins With a Nightmare"

I remember this album cover from the ads by a mail order company that used to advertise on the back page of OKEJ back in the 80's. This album came out in 1987, but I never got around to checking it out at the time. Now, of course, it's available to stream, and let me say that the record really lives up to its album cover: raw, simple and to the point, with just the right amount of charming amateurish feel. The production is as expected, which means that the album sounds like it was recorded in a cardboard box, and the songs are pure Canadian heavy metal with hints of thrash and power metal. The vocals are perhaps the weakest link, and personally I prefer them when the singer goes full falsetto. All in all a nice little piece of metal nostalgia, but far from anything I would call classic.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar