fredag 1. august 2014

01082014 - Tages "Tages"

Swedish music history. Cute and easy to like, but I guess you need to have been there to truly appreciate this. I'm not saying it's bad, far from it, but for someone born the decade after this was released it's hard to get extremely excited when, after all, there is the catalogue of both The Beatles and The Stones to listen to instead. Both the highlights and low points for me are cover songs. Their version of "Everybody Loves A Lover" (Doris Day) is pretty cool and "I Got My Mojo Working" (Ann Cole/Muddy Waters) is part brilliant and part hilarious, the latter bit caused by the pronunciation of the word "Mojo". On the other end of the scale are the completely redundant versions of "Cathy's Clown" and "Stand By Me", where nothing is added so all is lost. Oh well, I guess I better prepare to get bashed by every single Swede who might be reading this…


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar