mandag 4. august 2014

04082014 - Angus & Julia Stone "Angus & Julia Stone"

I don't believe I have ever heard anything by these Australian siblings before, but I really like what I'm hearing here. This duo delivers music with roots in folk and blues, but with a semi-dark indie heart, giving them an edge that those who have enjoyed the soft and low key sounds of both Mazzy Star and Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan should enjoy. Never intrusive, but somehow still able to creep under your skin and settling somewhere near the part of you that produces those tingling sensations in your inner organs, these songs seem bound to grow on you upon repeated listens. I'm also pretty sure that this Rick Rubin produced record will seem even better as the evenings grow just a little bit darker and summer gives in to… late summer. Beautiful!


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar