tirsdag 19. august 2014

19082014 - Wildest Dreams "Wildest Dreams"


Wildest Dreams is apparently DJ Harvey, which perhaps should mean something to me. It doesn't, and a quick internet search tells me why. The man is best known as a DJ at Ministry of Sound, and that, I guess, was never going to be a big selling point for me. This, however, is pretty cool and very organic, as Harvey Bassett (his proper name) and his band play psychedelic and tripped-out garage rock, reminding of former great ones like Syd Barrett era Pink Floyd, The Doors, Steely Dan, Santana and even Neu! as well as newer acts like Ozric Tentacles, The Horrors and Mike Wexler. I really like this spaced and rocking space rock, and the fact that this is made by a DJ from house music's biggest bastion just amazes me! But then again, this is a man who has once said that "You can't understand the blues until you've had your heart broken by a woman. And you can't understand my music until you've had group sex on ecstasy". Right.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar