onsdag 13. august 2014

13082014 - Rose Windows "The Sun Dogs"

I had only registered the name of this band until recently, but as their singer, Ms. Rabia Shaheen Qazi, lends her haunting voice to one of the tracks on the brilliant upcoming Earth album I thought this would be a good opportunity to check out her band. This is kind of schizophrenic musically, with some slow psychedelic rockers, some stuff that reminds me of early Sinéad O'Connor and some spartan folky stuff, with acoustic guitars, strings and flute. Her voice is really good, though, and very versatile too. lending each song its own identity, without making it feel like this album tries too many things at once. I can tell that this will grow with repeated listens, but already some of the songs grab me and get a pretty firm hold. I must say that the weakest songs are placed at on the first part of the album, but that only means the songs grow better the longer you listen.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar