lørdag 8. februar 2014

08022014 - Samson "Survivors"

There were some reactions after my last foray into the wonderful world of NWOBHM from folks who felt I was too critical or just plain wrong. That's good. I like reactions. They mean people actually read my rantings. Anyway, ah do lurve me a good NWOBHM album, and there are plenty out there, loads of which might be called pretty damn obscure, and many made by bands currently residing in the "where are they now" file. As for Samson, they will always, unfairly, be better known for the vocalist that sang on two of their albums that for their own merits, but guitarist Paul Samson kept the band going from 1976 until his own death in 2002. This was their debut album, and although some guy named Bruce Bruce is pictured on the cover, he did not sing on the actual record. They did re-record the songs to feature him though, and those versions are found on the CD version of "Survivors". On the original version Paul Samson does the vocals himself, and a fine job he does too! As for the songs, they are probably more classic hard rock than actual heavy metal, but they are really good! And the award for cheesiest song title goes to "I Wish I Was the Saddle of a Schoolgirl's Bike"


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar