lørdag 13. september 2014

13092014 - Saturnalia Temple "Aion of Drakon"

Another band I'm checking out before seeing them live at Høstsabbat tonight. And may I say WHAT AN ALBUM! I must admit being a tad nonplussed at the opening track "God Is Two", an all-out brutal metal assault, which led me to believe that this was a different kind of beast than I had expected. However, from "Black Magic Metal" the relentless ferocity of the opener was replaced by a no less relentless heaviosity as riffs like molten lead poured over me with the intent to maim and kill. Calling these Swedes the missing link between Kyuss and Sunn O))) is not far off, and if you throw in a little bit of Electric Wizard, Black Sabbath and even Celtic Frost you're not far off. Simply brilliant, pretty addictive and at times nightmarishly eerie!


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar