lørdag 4. oktober 2014

04102014 - Duran Duran/Wham! "Rio"/"Make It Big"

I just REALLY wanted to hear "Hungry Like the Wolf", and so I thought I might as well play the entire album. Of course the title track and "Save a Prayer" are also songs I've heard a million times before, and even "The Chaffeur" and "New Religion" are pretty familiar. Great stuff, of course, and so is the rest of the album, even today. Still, knowing over half of the album already felt ever so slightly like cheating, so since I was in that 80's mood, dancing around the living room floor with my 10 month old daughter I put on another album where I know half of the songs by heart, namely "Make It Big" by good old Wham!. Again, there were four smash hits on this one, and those shouldn't need any introduction, but the remaining half are relatively dull, at least compared to the non-single material on the Duran Duran album. "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" and "Careless Whisper" are still flawless, though, and so are the other two singles, I guess. All in all a nice trip back to the eighties, but "Rio" is the only album of the two I might want to play in its entirety again.



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar